This post contains affiliate links
Roasted Garbanzos for a Quick, Hearty BreakfastI like to roast a skillet full of garbanzos for a quick, high protein meal. They are ready in no time, and make a breakfast that sticks to your ribs, but not your middle!
Pair roasted Garbanzos with with toast or potatoes, fresh fruit, and plant-based milk for a well-rounded, but easy breakfast.
The wild edibles add some flavor and a pop of color! 🌺
Last week when I made breakfast from the foraged plants in the woods, I made these garbanzos! I make them probably once a week, either with or without the wild edibles! 🌸
Recipe for Roasted Garbanzos
- 2 16 oz cans garbanzo beans
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 small cans sliced mushrooms, or 8 oz fresh
- 1 Tsp turmeric
- 2 Tsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tsp cumin
- Dash cinnamon
- 2 T Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Handful of red bud blossoms
- Handful of Wood Vetch
Roasted Garbanzos with Wild Edibles
- Sauté the onion, mushrooms, and garlic in olive oil. A deep cast iron skillet works best. Cover skillet with lid to steam until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add the drained garbanzos and seasonings.
- Cook until browned and dried.
- Serve warm, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled Red Bud blossoms and/or Wood Vetch blossoms, if in season.
I hope you enjoy this simple entree as much we we do!
Until next time!