Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
I hope your week has been great!
Around Ridge Haven Homestead we have hardly stopped all week!
We had some friends come visit, and they helped us with our building projects! So nice to have people with skills and vision come to visit, because lots gets done!
Heres a glimpse at the team work required to move our heavy wood stove! Six parole had their hands on that old stove, and I’m pretty sure I heard some comments about how wretched that stove was to certain people. But they got it positioned, and nobody got hurt, so we chalk that up as a win!
After they left, we kept at it, and the boys also had working friends come over, so we have put a lot of hours in on our cabin! We are finishing up the batten strips on the board and batten siding. The cabin is looking much better, and we hope to have those batten strips done by Friday. We can’t work for two days of rain, but we hope for sunny skies again soon!
Building takes such work! Ugh! Everyone is exhausted, but we just keep plugging away at it! Next time we are hiring a professional! Well, probably not. I’m kinda hoping there will never be a next time. Building really zaps your energy stores. But we will make it, one day at a time.
Keep pressing on with whatever you have on your plate, and enjoy the Blog Hop!
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
Cherelle – The Inspired Prairie
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:1. Peaceful Homemaking from The Legacy of Home
2. We Can Afford to Stay at Home Moms from Redeeming Home
3. Do Wrong Thoughts Run Your Life? from Soul Survival
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.