Some Bible Promises for Your DayThe Bible contains thousands of promises. They are quietly waiting for you to open it and discover them. Sometimes, all you need is one to turn your day around. 😊
Awhile back, I shared a couple of printables with some of my favorite Bible Promises for Homesteaders, then MORE Bible Promises for Your Homesteader’s Heart. I like to look back on those, and the verses are encouraging to me.
Lately, I’ve been using My Creative Bible quite a bit.
It’s a beautiful and inspiring coloring Bible, and I love to use my colored pencils to make my favorite verses pop out for every time I open it.
Several years back I purchased a couple with different covers for different family members. I’m pleased to see that now they have even more pretty options for covers, including purple!
Coloring in my Creative Bible, or in any inspiring coloring book in general, combines the relaxing aspects of coloring with the truth from God’s word. I can exercise a little bit my of creative side, and gain the wisdom from God.
Also, sometimes I kind of like the small, easy to finish aspect of coloring an illustrated Bible verse when I can’t tackle a large page from an intricate adult coloring book.
Here are a few of my favorites from what I’ve colored from my Bible. I will also note that I started using this Bible instead of my study Bible when my eyes started to play mid-life tricks on me at the dimly lit church we attend. The font of this Bible is 8.65, and a little easier on my eyes than my small-print Bible. 🤓. I should probably get my eyes checked one of these days.
I wonder if any of you uses a coloring Bible, or something similar? I find that engaging my hands while listening to a spiritual message actually helps me to pay better attention, and not get as sleepy.
The next best I plan to color is this promise, because I need it:
One chapter that we are memorizing in our family is Psalm 102. If you don’t know it, it is an encouraging one for times of discouragement.
The author shares his discouragement and even depression, which we can sometimes relate to. But he brings hope and comfort as well, in remembering what God has done and what He will do.
Here are a couple of my favorites from that passage.
My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am withered like grass.
But thou, O LORD, shalt endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations.
May your day be filled with glimpses of God’s care for you.
You are loved!
Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
FEATURED POSTS from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. My Secret Recipe…Seriously Easy from A Day of Small Things
2. What I Preserved This Year from It’s My Sustainable Life
3. Pantry Mistakes to Avoid on a Suburban Homestead from Moms are Frugal
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…‘
Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin!You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow all your hosts on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.