Standing in the Gap
This week our two younger boys and I have participated in a mission trip to one of our youth camps. We’ve been very busy, painting, peeling, building, and tearing down. Hiking, kayaking, eating, singing and hanging out. We met new friends, and even reacquainted with a dear old one from my last life. It’s been good.
One evening, a new friend shared a worship talk with us that impressed me. The read this poem, that gave me pause for thought. She also has three boys, although hers are grown and out of the nest. Still, as a mom, her boys are never far from her thoughts and prayers. I understand that.
I want to print this out to hang in my bedroom where I’ll remember this when I pray. Maybe you will find something to inspire you too. 😊 Fill in the blank for whomever you pray for. For me, it’s sons.
I’ll Stand In the Gap
I’ll stand in the gap for my son.
I’ll stand ‘till the victory’s won.
This one thing I know
That you love Him so,
And your work with my child is not done.
I’ll stand in the gap every day,
And there I will fervently pray;
And Lord just one favor
Don’t let me waver
If things get quite rough, which they may.
I’ll never give up on that boy.
Nor will You, for You promised him joy.
For I know it was true
When he said ”Yes” to You,
Though the enemy seeks to destroy.
I’ll not quit as I intercede,
For You are His Savior, indeed!
Though it may take years,
I give You my fears,
As I trust every moment I plead.
And so in the gap I will stand,
Heeding Your every command,
With help from above,
I’ll unconditionally love,
And soon He will reach for Your hand.
Shirley Pope Waite
Since we are off to the races for our last stretch today, I’ll be doing features and stuff on my ride home in the pm. For now, you can see what our friends are sharing on the hop!
Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!
The Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!
Features for this week!