It’s a rainy day here (again!), and we are now waiting for another planer to arrive. We have a sad history with crossing rivers and streams and leaping over obstacles to find/make parts for our Powermatic planet that we were using. The bent roller was the straw that broke the camel’s back for us. Not replaceable. A fortune to fix it, if even possible, and not knowing if that would even fix the issue led us to declare the machine a loss.
I do not understand why we meet obstacles with literally every thing we try to do with this house. So many woodworkers told us that this planer would be what we needed. Then it broke. Most chug along forever. But not ours.
I can’t help but believing that we just have a lot of lessons to learn about patience.
We are wandering in the wilderness like the Israelites. The end is coming closer, but then it’s farther again. They failed when they kept murmuring and complaining. I sometimes murmur. That’s proof enough that we may have more wandering time. Hopefully not 40 years.
Because of our delay, I did not feel guilty going on the mission trip. We had a great time. It was good. I got closer to another lady who I worked with, and met new friends. We found an extended family of hard-working and dedicated people. It’s always neat to find your people.
Some things look clearer with hindsight. I expect this is one of those situations.
I’m not discouraged. We will get it done.
Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
Natasha – Houseful of Nicholes (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Laurie – Ridge Haven Homestead (Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram)
Liz – The Cape Coop (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Kelly – Simple Life Mom (Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram)
FEATURED POSTS from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. How to Dry Herbs from Simple Living Country Gal
2. Thrift Store Shopping Tips for Frugal Moms from Moms Are Frugal
3. Crunchy Sesame Cookies from Treat & Trick
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…‘
Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow all your hosts on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.
Thank you for hosting, Laurie Dear!
Glad you came by!!
Thanks so much for hosting this delightful party each and every week!! I really appreciate the time and effort that goes into it along with visiting all the links and choosing Features!!! Thank You!! I hope you are having a great week!!