Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
This week at Ridge Haven we’ve been doing more excavating! Creating more garden terraces to use our wooded acreage better.
Our friend, Michael has been carving away, with Greg helping to move dirt on the skid steer. Suddenly the steep hillside behind our camper has a road, leading up to two new garden areas, with one more in the works!
This road has made a new exercise path for me. When we moved here, Greg told me that this hill would keep me in shape! I think he’s right! Whew! A hike up that hill really gets my heart thumping!
It was freezing this morning, so here I am in my big crocheted beret at the first terrace.
And here’s Michael knocking down some more trees for another terrace. It’s changing the hillside, but in all honesty, that hill was mostly unusable except for climbing, so change is good in this instance.
Just for ha-ha’s, as our friend, Troy always says, I snapped a shot of the road leading up to the first terrace. Tomorrow we will have a newly cleared area halfway up, so I wanted to remember what it did look like!
Our tea of the day is a new one called Passion, from Tazo Teas. I’m drinking it now, and I sent some in Greg’s thermos. Greg’s opinion was that it was very sour! I do agree, although I like it! I found that I had to add three times the amount of stevia that I normally add to make it taste good. I didn’t put that much in Greg’s. This tea is dark red from hibiscus flowers, with a punch of tart citrus and rose hips! It’s got some lemongrass too, and other flavors. Next time I’ll add more stevia to Greg’s.
We are diffusing Warm and Cozy from Rocky Mtn Oils. It’s a nice spicy wintry smell like fresh oranges and cinnamon. Greg likes to take a little drop in his mouth–it’s very refreshing, and a great breath freshener.
I just thought I’d add the human interest side for a change. 😊
I always enjoy peeking into your worlds as I visit the different blog sites listed in the blog hop. We are all so different, but that’s what makes it fun!
Thanks for stopping in! Have fun linking up!
Now on to the Hop
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
Kelly – Simple Life Mom (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | G+ | Instagram)
Natasha – Houseful of Nicholes (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Liz – The Cape Coop (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Ann – Live the Old Way (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Laurie – Ridge Haven Homestead (Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram)
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Cranberry Salad from NancyC
2. Free Printable Christmas Countdown from Virginia Sweet Pea
3. No Bake Cinnamon Ornaments from Petite Homestead
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.
I heartily thank you for hosting and for sharing such a lovely picture from yourself, you’re so sweet!
Wishing you a most wonderful Advent Season
Aww…so kind of you to say! Thanks for stopping in!!
Here we are 1/3 of the way through Advent already!
Wow! The time zips by so fast!
Thanks so much for including the Cranberry-Broccoli Salad in your features! 🙂 Have a great rest of the week!
You too! Thanks for sharing linking up!!
LOVE your adorable kitten header! Thanks for hosting – wonderful features – have a fabulous week! 🙂
Lol, thanks! I loved them too!
Thank you for the feature this week.
Thanks for hosting, love the features this week…
Glad you could come over!!