Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Here in upper East Tennessee it’s pretty nippy out there! Definitely piling on the extra blankets tonight! And maybe throwing on an extra cat or two! 🥶
But we have a cozy fire burning in the wood stove, and that feels SO GOOD! I’m becoming a freeze baby the older I get! 🔥
We are baking cookies for a care package for our oldest son! I started with my mom’s recipe for Date bars, and decided that it would be fun to bake some cute Fall sugar cookies. The recipe added pumpkin and spice for an Autumn flair!
Unfortunately, our Fall cookie cutters are buried in a stack of boxes somewhere, and I’m on the hunt for some locally. Never dreamed I’d have trouble finding some! But tomorrow I will check out our local bulk foods store and see what they carry.
If all else fails, I can make circles, but our youngest son told me today that Cooke’s shaped like leaves and pumpkins taste a lot more like Fall than circles. 🍁 🎃 🍪
I hope you have fun hopping!
Be sure to visit some of our great features posts and posts from other bloggers. It looks like our features this week all pertain to sustainability–something we all need to pay more attention to!
Have a wonderful week, and stay warm out there!
Now on to the Hop
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Home Apothecary Essentials from It’s My Sustainable Life
2. How to Deal with Ticks Organically in Acres of Land from Redemption Permaculture
3. 22 Foods You Want On Hand in a Time of Crisis from Deep Roots at Home
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.