Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
When it rains, it pours!
That’s what the old saying goes, right?
Thankfully, here in upper East Tennessee, that means literal rain.
On our homestead, we don’t mind the rain. Not too much! Rain is watering our little potatoes, which are popping up all over. Also, I planted some herbs recently, and they also love the rain! ☔️
We’ve had a great week! Took a relaxing day on Sabbath to spend some time in the mountains. Hiked, sat out under the sky and enjoyed the abundance of wildflowers! Just a great reminder to carve out time to reconnect with family and God. It won’t happen naturally.
Here are a couple of shots from our day.
Now on to the Hop
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
Kelly – Simple Life Mom (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | G+ | Instagram)
Natasha – Houseful of Nicholes (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Liz – The Cape Coop (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Ann – Live the Old Way (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Sarita – An Off Grid Life (Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram)
Laurie – Ridge Haven Homestead (Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram)
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. The Best Meat Rabbit Breed from Dandelion Hill Homestead
2. Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from French Creek Farmhouse
3. Tending Our Garden from Jennifer Lambert
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.
Hello! I am interested and have dabbled in various aspects of homesteading. My current blog isn’t about homesteading, but does represent a personal journey into a unique life style choice that is something some of your readers may find useful. I am blogging about my sexual journey through the Zodiac from the context of being in an open marriage. I have three children with my wonderful husband of 18+ years and a 2 year committed relationship with a man I met on this journey. Because my blog isn’t about homesteading, I wish to respect the rules of the Hop, but thought I’d share in your comment section.
You have a beautiful blog and I wish you great success in your journey through a life choice that, like my own, is outside the norm and takes grit, tenacity, and perseverance to make it work <3
Well, I certainly appreciate your kind words.
Thanks for stopping by!
May God lead you!
Thanks for featuring my gardening post! Happy May!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post! Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks so much for featuring my post this week. I so enjoy the blog hop each week and the wealth of all the articles shared.
Great article! Happy to share!