Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
I can’t believe that another week has passed, and we are coming up on the Homestead Blog Hop again!
Here at Ridge Haven Homestead
Blogging has taken a back seat for me this week, and I’ve not even had a chance to visit my blog at all. I’ve been cramming for my nursing license reinstatement, which has required hours upon hours of study and test-taking. Nothing super difficult, just a good bit of time involved.
Finally, on Sunday, I just locked myself in my swinging chair with the iPad, and got the rest done! Eighteen hours worth of credits in one day shocked me! I exceeded my hours of credits for thirteen years’ worth of non-work (in the hospital, that is. Anyone who homeschools and/or homesteads, or lives as a Stay-at Home Mom knows that there is PLENTY of work). But it’s been worth it for me to have had the chance to stay home with our boys, to homeschool them, and to live as a Stay-at Home Mom.
We are going to temporarily change gears, and I’ll be working full-time for a little while. I have a private duty nursing job lined up, and honestly, my head is spinning! SO MANY CHANGES, so many questions, and so much to process. This happened really fast, and we are trusting the Lord’s leading, while trying to wrap our minds around how it will all work out. Working full time, homeschooling 3 full time, and trying to improve our property/build our cabin, seems like an awful lot to juggle.
I still plan to blog, and believe that blogging will be a good escape for me. I really enjoy writing. Sometimes it’s good to just let the words flow.
Perhaps the next focus of our blogging journey will be on how to balance everything. For now, it’s just how to hold on! Stay tuned–it might get bumpy for awhile!
Now that you know a little of what’s happening in our world, it’s time for you to share! What’s new? What projects would you like to share? What have you learned in the last little while? Share all of this and more below at the Homestead Blog Hop!
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
Cherelle – The Inspired Prairie
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. 20 Ways to Re Use kitty Litter Buckets from Oak Hill Homestead
2. 19 Uses for Calendula Tea from It’s My Sustainable Life
3. Feeding Goats on the Homestead from 15 Acre Homestead
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.