In just a week and a day, here in North America we will gather. I love that word.
To gather means so much more than just meeting up. It means coming together for a purpose. It assumes a crowd, which is what most Thanksgiving celebrations entail. And in my mind, gathering suggests a celebration, and often, a table.
I realize that we gather for other reasons, but I’m just sharing what my mind conjures up with the word.
As we prepare to gather with family and friends just over a week from now, let’s consider what we will look forward to the most.
For me this year, it’s mostly the actual coming together. Dad’s been sick so much that I realize our days are short with him. We want to treasure what we have, and I’m praying that he can get well enough to enjoy the holiday this year.
Other than the family together, I just pray for peace of mind and heart. Not much is more important than those things to me.
What aspects of Thanksgiving are you looking most forward to this year? Food–obviously makes the day special.
Please share below if you have thoughts.
And let the countdown begin!
Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
FEATURED POSTS from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Eco Friendly Thanksgiving Tips Roundup from Tales from the Rebooted Realigned Mom
2. Easy Recipes for Cooking with Rheumatoid Arthritis from Mom’s Small Victories
3. Cranberry-Raisin Toasted Oat Cereal from NancyC
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…‘
Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin!You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow all your hosts on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.