Vegan Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce with Meatballs. Quick and Easy Recipe
Need a super quick, yet nutritious and delicious recipe for veggie-ful spaghetti sauce to serve in a pinch! You can whip this one-dish meal up in a flash, and keep your crowd happy!
This recipe utilizes eggplant and other fresh garden vegetables! If you don’t have them fresh from your garden, that’s ok!! Just add them to your shopping list to have on hand for when the natives are breathing down your neck, and you don’t feel like plain old spaghetti this time!
This is a plant based recipe, aka vegan. This simply means that it contains no animal products. I promise you will not miss the meat once you bite into a tender, savory meatball, which pairs so well with the pasta and vegetables.
This is a quick recipe. I don’t often grab pre-made entree items, but for this recipe, we’ve added in pre-made vegan meatballs from Aldi. They are delicious and don’t have a hint of animal protein, yet they are filling and satisfying.
I know this is a “cheater recipe”. I normally make everything from scratch. But don’t worry–I’ll be sharing a made from scratch delicious vegan meatball recipe in the future. Until then, you Maynard the pre-made meatballs, use a favorite meatball recipe, or leave them out. 😊
Lets get cooking!!
Recipe for Vegan Vegetable Spaghetti and Meatballs
Vegan Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce with Meatballs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green or red pepper cored and diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 sweet banana peppers Cored, seeded, and diced, optional
- 2 cans sliced mushrooms, or fresh
- 1 Jar prepared pasta sauce
- 1 Bag Earth Grown Vegan Meatless Meatballs from Aldi, or use similar
- 1 Large handful fresh, chopped basil
- Sauté onion, garlic, and peppers in olive oil over medium heat, covered. Add a little water if needed to keep from burning. Cook until veggies are soft.
- Add eggplant, stir and cover; cook until soft
- Add basil and meatballs and stir to coat. Cook, covered, until heated through.
- Serve with pasta.
- Top with vegan cheese shreds if desired.
I hope your family enjoys this dish as much as ours does! We really enjoy eggplant, and I try to incorporate it into many dishes with tomatoes.
What makes this recipe shine is the fresh ingredients added into an ordinary sauce.
Fresh basil, garlic, peppers and eggplant make the flavors pop!
And if you have other garden veggies, like tomatoes or other herbs, throw those in too! Make it your own!
What does your family like to eat in a pinch? Is it spaghetti in your home as well?
Tell me in the comments below!
Serve with salad, bread, and Mom’s Date Bars or home made cookies for a completely homemade meal!