Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!
Happy week to you all!
Last week at the blog hop, I talked about freedom. Freedom on conscience is a very important part of any religion and nation. God allows us freedom to choose, even if we don’t choose His way.
But what about freedom for everyone? We know our country abolished slavery for the African slaves long ago. The question remains, though—do we still have slavery? Sadly, the answer is yes.
These slaves suffer untold pain, terror, and abuse. I honestly hate to think about what they endure, because they have no choice. My heart breaks, and I know that God’s heart breaks for the modern-day slavery.
I have not yet watched the Sound of Freedom . Let’s just say I haven’t psyched up for it. But I have dug into the facts about child trafficking, and our Sabbath School class a few years back raised enough money to rescue two and a half girls. That doesn’t sound so impressive until you realize that a class of kids ages 10-13 raised over seven thousand dollars by selling Bible verse cards and collecting spare change in jars. (Youncan read about that here Little Print Shop. Prayer Cards to print for free) It brought tears to my eyes to see their hard work! They did this to set someone else free. These children are real, and they don’t deserve to suffer any more than our kids do.
I’ve followed Tim Ballard’s work loosely. His organization, Operation Underground Railroad performs sting operations to attempt to free children from child trafficking. Maybe it’s not perfect, but he’s at least doing something.
The new documentary highlighting his work and the magnitude of the child trafficking epidemic was released recently. Today on the featured post, you can read a review and find ways to watch the film. I will watch it eventually. I’m glad that people are bringing this to the attention of the public. All people need freedom.
I know this is heavy content, but, really, what are we here for if not to help others? Especially the innocents.
Whether in a small way or a bigger way—let’s make it our goal to help somebody today.
Thanks for coming!
The Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!
Features for this week!