Welcome to Daylight Savings Time!
I’ll be honest and just say that Daylight Savings Time is my least favorite time change! I don’t see much redeeming value in waking up at dark and going to bed at light! But since nobody asked me, I will adjust.
Today we will put our planet back together and strive to plane a good amount of wall boards! We broke a single sprocket two weeks ago, and the work to get something that will work has been daunting! First I had to order a larger part, since the original is obsolete. Then I had to take the sprocket around town to try to find a machinist who could cut it down. Sounds simple, but it’s not. The first man tried for a long time, but did not succeed in making a dent in the strong sprocket. I had to take it to another city, pay an exorbitant fee, and wait all week for the man to cut down two gears for us. Once we got it back, Andrew and Greg out the planer back together, and Andrew immediately noticed that the shaft of the roller was bent. Apparently when the sprocket broke, the chain pulled the rod and bent it. That part was also no longer available!
After some more phone calls, and a little bit of stress, Greg found a friend to straighten the rod. We got it back Friday afternoon, so today we have high hopes! Two weeks down has been a real challenge to my resolve. We will get here, I know!
The boys are making good progress in the pantry, and they did all they could until they ran out of boards. Let’s see if we can fix that today!
Herein lies the testimony to the importance of little things.
Have a great day!!
Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!
The Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!