Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!
Good morning and happy Sunday!Our week has been full with garden and various work jobs. I spend several hours every day just watering, transplanting, and weeding out in our garden terraces. We got a touch of rain yesterday, but not enough to reach the roots. We have a slow solar well pump, which we use to pump water to a tank up on the hill. With all of the watering, it’s been hard to keep up enough water. Today, or someday soon, we will reinstall the well pump to the deep water depth. We have two influxes of water in the well, and we’ve been using the shallow influx, but it can’t keep up, so we need to plunge it deeper. I’m told this will be a time-consuming project, so let’s see about that! Adam’s pepper garden made a nice blocky green pepper this week, then a hornworm came and champed both the pepper and lopped the top of the plant off. He was dispatched of in short order, but the damage… In other areas, we have some pretty blossoms and wildflowers! I think that the passionflower is such an interesting-looking flower! We are getting some baby eggplants and quite a few wild blackberries, which are very tasty this year! I was out in the garden Friday evening, well after dark, and heard some rustling. I shone my phone light around, and found a possum eating away at the blackberries! So apparently we aren’t the only ones enjoying them, and that explains why the easy-to-pick berries keep vanishing! Oh—we got our first tomato this week and it was worth the wait! Hope you have some fun and interesting critters you meet this week! And I hope they don’t end up eating all of your garden food!
The Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!