Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!I tried a couple of new things this past week. They all turned out well, so I’m sharing with you. First–our church had a Valentine’s Day dinner last Sunday. I decided to bring something sweet, but I wanted healthy. So brownies it was! Black Bean Brownies were the first ones I tried. They came out very fudgey and moist, as they were supposed to. I even followed the recipe exactly, which rarely happens. I had all of the ingredients, and these were very simple. At the dinner, people scooped up almost all of the leftovers, so I think they passed muster. I did not take pictures, but here’s the recipe for you to try! And mine did look like this, with the sunken in middles. *note: if you want to see the recipes, click on the pictures 😊 Next, on the same day, I decided those were not enough. So I tried another brownie recipe with beans. 😜. These were blond brownies. With chick peas. Yes, you heard right–that’s garbanzos! These also turned out to be very tasty! It’s amazing how something so simple could be so yummy! Even Adam (who hates garbanzos) liked them, so that’s saying something. Here’s that recipe, in case you’re curious, adventurous, or just want to poke some fun and my bean brownies! I didn’t even use any chocolate chips and they were still the bomb! Have fun with that! I’m so glad there are some very talented bakers out there who think up these creations!
On another note…Here’s the start of a fun little project I’m working on. This will be a steering wheel cover for my car. I found one I loved for way too much money! I decided to make one myself and it’ll cost me pennies and time, but not a lot. Last week when the boys and I had to take a 7-8 hr trip one way, I got creative. Here’s the idea. You can buy it on Etsy, but I don’t have that kind of money for a granny square creation when I can just make one myself from scraps! I went with the tan background, because it matches my car’s interior, and who wants white to show more dirt? Literally anyone could make this if they can make a granny square. It’s a quick project that if so fun, because you can make it any color combination that you like or have on hand. Plenty going on around here. I’ll get around to showing you pretty soon, God willing! Have a great week, and thanks for stopping by! Laurie
The Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!