Good morning, Friends!
I will just give a blanket apology for not visiting the blogs you’ve been sharing in this hop. Normally, that’s what I like to do. I’ve been unable to do that, and probably won’t for a little while. You are still welcome to share, because the other bloggers do look for interesting posts to read, and that’s the point of a blog hop, after all!
Dad has just gotten a lot worse with his health condition, and it’s going downhill every day. I actually thought we might lost him last week, but then he’s sort of bounced back a little. Still really confused and having hallucinations that seem very real to him.
Lewy Body Dementia is a terrible disease. I used to think it was uncommon, but I’ve learned that it is actually the most common type of dementia. You can learn more here about Lewy Body.
As Dad has declined, when I’m there, I’ve been trying to think about what kinds of things that will be meaningful to him. Music is the language that his mixed up mind can still relate to. He remembers all the words to the old classic hymns, and he sings along when I turn them on. I love to hear him sing.
I believe that peaceful sacred music is a balm to the tired brain. It communicates truth when the neurons for speech and language are misfiring. We have a place that remembers what we’ve learned years ago, and all the more so if it’s connected with music. Dad has always related to songs.
I’ve been playing this list of hymns for Dad, plus more hymns from Derrol Sawyer that I found on my Amazon music. Dad really has been enjoying singing along to these soothing and familiar hymns.
Another artist that I really enjoy, and find uplifting, is Stephen J Nasby. Here are some of his playlists. I particularly like the one entitled, Covers. Not because it’s our last name, either. 😜
At night, I usually stick to the first list, and keep the more upbeat for the daytime. But all of these songs listed are uplifting to me.
How about you?
Does music soothe you when your mind is troubled? It sure does me!
Share if you’d like, and have a great week!
Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!
The Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!
Features for this week!
All three features this week involve actually doing something, whether it’s as simple as sharing your opinion or making an easy craft. Be sure to check them out!