Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Glad to have you come by today!
What’s up in your world this week?
Around Ridge Haven Homestead it’s kind of a kitten week again! Not new ones, by any means, but it’s time to let these little striped sock bandits go!
That’s what I decided, but so far it has not come to pass. I spent the afternoon trying to peddle a couple of Stinker’s little clones to no avail. Apparently,..not many people need a kitten. It’ll happen when it happens.
In the mean time, we took a little walk at the park, hung out at the splash pad, Aldi, and the library looking for friendly faces. We found some nice folks, but I had to smile at how many people wouldn’t quite look me in the eye once they saw that I had fur babies!
What I did accomplish
We had one little boy wishing for my colorful umbrella, a kind lady who offered me a ride home since I’d been there loitering, and plenty of folks who wanted to talk.
Then at the park I witnessed a scene with a little boy. He was pitching a fit and not obeying his mom, who wearily tried to get him into the car. He spotted the kittens, and suddenly I had an idea.
“Hey, would you like the pet the kitty?”
That got his attention and he snapped his head up, nodding.
“Ok, as soon as you get in your car seat, you can give the kitties a pat!”
That was actually way too easy, as he quickly agreed, and the mom whispered a grateful thanks after he scrambled into the car.
I didn’t give a kitten away, but I at least left with some good experiences, so there’s that. ❤️
Do you have any fun kitten stories? Or any crazy animal tales? Our animals bring a lot of chaos, good memories, and plenty of joy! You can read about Stinker’s Little Stinkers, Meet the homestead cats!, and more animal accounts around the blog.
Again, thanks for coming!
Have a great time Blog hopping!
Now on to the Hop
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. 17 Natural Ways to Control Slugs Organically from Redemption Permaculture
2. Honey Vanilla Overnight Oats Recipe from Drugstore Divas
3. How Does my Garden Grow from Jennifer Lambert
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.