Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
It’s the last hop until Christmas!
I’m glad you stopped in out of your busy world to visit and share. I anticipate the hop being a little quieter this week, and if so, that just means we are spending our time with Christmas cheer and travel. Or perhaps just taking a little break.
But for those who came, I want to officially wish you a very Merry Christmas!
I truly hope that each of us will experience Peace on Earth this Christmas.
A peek into life:
Here at Ridge Haven we are diffusing a Christmasy blend from Rocky Mountain Oils called Candy Cane! It is a yummy smell in the air! This blend combines peppermint, orange, lavender and Balsam of Peru oils. Very refreshing for our day! And super Christmasy!
I finally made some Christmas goodies! Made a recipe of Date Bars and another vintage recipe that my mom used to make us. This candy is called Christmas Crack. I think my mom’s recipe was called O’Henry Bars? I remember they were very yummy. Not healthy in the least, though, so they’re a Christmas treat.
These don’t look like much, but there’s a reason they’re called Christmas crack! Not my recipe, and easy to make! I lost the link to the exact recipe I used but all you have to do is Google Christmas Crack, Saltine Toffee, or Saltine candy and you’ll find thousands of variations. Mine is vegan, but that’s about all I can claim in the lines of health. 🤷♀️
I made these treats to give Greg’s crew for working so hard this year! 🍬 🍫 🍭
Adam spent some time yesterday adding a bit of Christmas cheer to the camper. It does make it nicer with some lights and a few of our heirloom ornaments.
Hope to see you all back next week! Until then, Happy Holidays!
Now on to the Hop
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Christmas Word Scramble: 12 Days of Free Christmas Printables from Krafty Planner
2. Easy Peppermint Mocha from An Artful Mom
3. Rice Heating Pad from The Petite Homestead
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.