Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Trusting God in Times of Trial
In the world, and close to home, many are suffering this week. With the news stories we hear many tragic and depressing events.
The church my parents attend burned down yesterday. Friends have serious challenges with their families. Around the world, we hear of terrible things, and don’t have to imagine for too long how we would feel in a similar situation.
In these times, we still have a Savior. He invites us to look to him.
Like the disciples in the storm, he offers us peace in the midst of our battles.
The Bible says, “I’m the world ye shall have tribulation, but take courage, I have overcome the world.”
Because of that, He knows our trials, and He offers to stay with us during them.
I forget that so often, with life events overwhelming me and robbing me of peace. But, when I remember, and go to God, He always reminds me that this world is not my home. And, as much as I like our little homestead haven, this is not my home, and we’ve got a better place to look forward to!
Have a great day!
Now on to the Hop
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Update: Food Prices rising, canning lids, coffee shortage from Little Homestead in Boise
2. Pollarding and Coppacing Trees and Shrubs from Redemption Permaculture
3. AmazingApricot Date Bread from Treat and Trick
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.