Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Can you believe it?
Believe it or not, October is here!
Around here, you’d never know it by the temperatures, though. We are hot and dry, and bonfire plans have to be on hold because of fire hazards and burn bans! Crazy!
The seasonal change has brought the beginning of cold and flu season where we live also. I didn’t really panic, but I did whip up some Elderberry Immune Syrup and began forcing it upon my family! ? In our close quarters we can’t afford for any of us to get sick! That would take down the whole family! So we are religiously slurping the immune boosting syrup and hoping for germs to stay away!
I’ve seen some variations in the basic recipe, so you may want to check out the other elderberry syrup recipes that others have shared on the blog hop recently. Today I am adding a new recipe that I made over. It’s a Low-Sugar version of the Elderberry Immune Syrup, because sometimes I cringe at all that sweetness, especially during sick times! I’ll put the recipe in the Hop!
Cold and Flu Season
One of our featured posts shares helpful tips for overcoming the flu naturally. Be sure to check out that post from the Inspired Prairie. Before I knew what would be featured this week, this topic had been on my mind. Keeping well is so important.
For further reading on staying well this season, I’m dusting off an article I wrote this Spring, entitled Natural Remedies for Cold and Flu Season. I find that when the Flu strikes, it’s best to have a pretty big arsenal–both to help avoid getting sick, and to help kick it should it set in!
I hope everyone stays well as we go into cooler Fall weather soon!
Happy October! And happy hopping!
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
Cherelle – The Inspired Prairie
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Homemade Granola Recipe from The Small Farm
2. How Homesteaders Increase Productivity in Winter from Seeking Serenity and Harmony
3. How to Overcome the Flu Naturally from The Inspired Prairie
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.