Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Happy Wednesday to you! And Happy Homestead Blog Hop Day!
Here in East Tennessee, we’ve had it HOT for this past week or so! Summer has come full force!
At Ridge Haven Homestead, we are back into our building projects again. Choosing metal colors for our cabin roof and camper canopy has filled some of our time. It’s funny how many colors you can choose from, and for me, that makes it difficult! Kind of like picking a flavor at Baskin Robbins, only this is more permanent.
We’ve gone blueberry picking, foraged for Chanterelle mushrooms for the first time, worked around the homestead on clearing out spaces, and kept busy trying to keep up with what we’ve brought here. Overall, it’s been a busy week, and we are only half done! But we are over the hump!
My post here features a Refreshing Melon Freeze that my middle son perfected for us. I will be periodically posting about what the boys come up with in the kitchen. All three boys love to cook and create recipes. Look for further recipes in my Boys Can Cook series.
I’m looking forward to seeing what you all have to share!
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
Cherelle – The Inspired Prairie
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. How to Teach Your Dog to be a Homestead Dog from 15 Acre Homestead
2. Shepherd’s Pie Recipe from Your Yum Yum Recipes
3. How to Ease into a Zero Waste Lifestyle from Green Acre Homestead
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.