Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!
The Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop
It’s the 4th of July edition of the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop! 🇺🇸 For those of us in the United States that means a long weekend, but it really means so much more! Freedoms that we hold dear are not free, and we pause for a day to acknowledge the sacrifices that brought us to this point in history. Freedom and our liberties are important. If we remember our history we can learn lessons that apply to us today.
A couple of months ago our family participated in a book hand-out at a popular event. We gathered because we knew that we wanted to spread the message that freedom on conscience is one of the most important liberties, yet one that seems in danger of getting voted down. Learn from what has happened in other nations who took away basic liberties and you will see the danger of giving our liberties away, and to let others do the thinking for us.
We gave a book to everyone who was receptive, and that was over four thousand books in less than two hours by eleven volunteers.
I’d like to tell you what this book was. It’s called The Great Controversy, and it is simply the story of freedoms granted and freedoms lost throughout different nations, beginning at the destruction of Jerusalem, on through the Protestant Reformation, and through the history of our own nation up until present day issues. If you want to see how nations fare when they sacrifice personal and religious freedom, you will find this interesting. We have read it many times, and, as time progresses, we find it more relevant each time.
Don’t worry if you don’t consider yourself Christian, if you’re not Protestant, or if you just don’t know much about history. You will see clearly that it’s not people, but systems of government and religions that either promote of prohibit freedoms.
I think that with where we are in history, it’s a good idea to learn some of these principles. If you’d like a copy of this book, please click the link above, or you can ask me and I’ll send you one personally. I just strongly believe that we don’t have a lot of time to play with, and we all would do well to understand the issues that will affect our freedoms and our futures.
I didn’t mean to include all of this, but when I started thinking about the history of freedom in our country, this came to my mind.
I truly hope that each of you has a wonderful and safe Fourth of July holiday!
The Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!
Features for this week!