The Next Phase. Rehab.
I did a recap video on Instagram of Austin’s progress in pictures. You can see that reel here.Or click on the picture below to go see that reel.That was the first phase–the grueling, healing phase. Not that Austin’s all healed up–but he’s well on his way!Now comes the second phase–and I suspect it will be grueling in its own way– a good way.
The Road to Recovery
Austin took a ride yesterday to Encompass Health Rehab in Kingsport. They got him settled in, checked him over thoroughly, and that was that.
Actually–he got the whole gamut of “checking out”.Respiratory, skin assessments, EKG, and lots of questions–all of this tells me that they want the whole picture of his health.
He will be evaluated by physical therapy Sunday. I really think he’s ready to move forward. He’s been doing more for himself–he can put on his own shirt if it’s not tight, and put shorts on with a little help. I had to get him some shoes with no ties that slip on, since he’s just got the one hand functional at present. They may not be at the height of fashion, but they’re safe. 👟
Sabbath afternoon/evening was more laid back, as our family all came, plus another of Austin’s friends. We just visited for awhile.
Austin has a roommate. I would estimate him being around 4x Austin’s age, so who knows if they’ll have anything in common? If Austin’s willing to listen, I’m sure this gentleman could impart a few gems he’s learned along the way.
I guess there’s not too much exciting to report other than the transition.Keep praying that Austin will have a stamina, and for his heart. I have him and his friends on my mind. We want to see healthy, capable bodies, and strong, firm minds.I’ll attach the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop here. Thanks for coming by! Have fun sharing!!
Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!
The Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!