Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
What’s Your Favorite?
Just a question for you today–what’s your favorite thing to eat from your garden?
- Green beans?
How to choose when everything is so delicious?
Today I dug up some potatoes that we planted back in January! You did hear me correctly! See Experimenting with Planting Potatoes in Winter Anyway, for my lunch I ate those new potatoes, a Japanese string eggplant sautéed in olive oil and smashed herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary, chives), and, of course, a couple hands full of homegrown tomatoes! Oh, the green beans that started out purple too! It was a fine lunch, and I enjoyed it immensely! The only thing not from the garden was the baguette 🥖 that I dipped in herbed oil olive oil! It was so good!
With all that bounty, I don’t know which was my favorite—they all contributed to such a yummy meal! But maybe the eggplant was my favorite—I really love that string eggplant! It’s so tender and flavorful! Yum!!
If you have a favorite, please share! It’s also fine if you have several, because garden goodness is just plain good eating!
I didn’t take any photos of my mean—I just enjoyed it privately! That way nobody really knows how much of that bread I ate, do they?
But I think I can rustle up a pic of some of that stuff from prior pics this year!
Have fun visiting other blog posts, and don’t forget to leave your favorite garden bounty!
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
Kelly – Simple Life Mom (Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram)
Natasha – Houseful of Nicholes (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Liz – The Cape Coop (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Ann – Live the Old Way (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Laurie – Ridge Haven Homestead (Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram)
FEATURED POSTS from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Super Simple DIY Scratch Brush from Simple Living Country Girl
2. Blackberry Honey Lemonade from Nancy C
3. Bread and Butter pickle Canning Recipe from It’s My Sustainable Life
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…‘
Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow all your hosts on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.
Is there any more lovely color than the purple of eggplant?
My usual favorite bounty is green beans, but the woodchuck is enjoying the plants, so it’s going to be tomatoes this year.
Rude. That woodchuck.
I agree about the purple color. I do believe it’s my favorite.
Thanks so much for including the Blackberry Lemonade in your features this week! Hope you are having a great one! 🙂
Thanks again for hosting this lovely party every week! I know how much time goes into doing so and I want you to know that it is greatly appreciated!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!