Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Is it ok that I can’t think of anything spectacular that’s happened in the last week?
Honestly, is seems like some days, then weeks are a blur!
I guess the main thing is to be ok with times that are ordinary. But don’t be resigned to the mundane.
How can we do this?
I think it’s mainly to be looking for something to be thankful for, even on ordinary days. Maybe especially on those days.
Bright Spots along your Pathway
Here’s my little surprise from today that caught my eye as I walked to pick up the mail.
It’s called a Strawberry Bush, but it’s also knows as Hearts-a-Bustin’, which I think suits it better. The insides literally burst open to create those bright, beautiful flowers/fruits/not sure what they’re called.
Also, on our Sabbath walk this week, my husband and I skipped a few stones. I picked up this one, and it looks a lot like a heart to me, so I kept it. ❤️
Blessings as you find some little tokens of God’s care in the ordinary places!
On the Hop this week,
I’m sharing some random posts.
One is a recipe for Vegan Cheese Sauce, which we enjoyed today
Another is an instructional post on Medicinal Activated Charcoal, which we use quite often.
And my last post I’m sharing this week is a fun, but useful one, talking about Seven Secrets I learned at the Thrift Store!
Now on to the Hop
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
Kelly – Simple Life Mom (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | G+ | Instagram)
Natasha – Houseful of Nicholes (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Liz – The Cape Coop (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Ann – Live the Old Way (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Laurie – Ridge Haven Homestead (Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram)
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Composting Basics: Make Use of Waste and Improve Soil from Redemption Permaculture
2. The All-Natural Definitive Guide to a Sustainable Lifestyle from Urban Naturale
3. Slow Cooker Meals from Jennifer Lambert
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.
Laurie, Thank you for the lovely invitation to join your party! I just added my fall brooches to it! Now, I am going to explore what others have linked! Wishing you a lovely Wednesday!
That’s wonderful! I love to gaze at crochet projects! I don’t always get around to making them all, but I have big plans!
We LOVE finding hearts in nature, like rocks and leaves. Thanks for featuring my slow cooker meals post!
Happy you came by again!
Fun to connect here! Thank you for the invitation!
Thanks for hosting, have a wonderful weekend…
Laurie, thank you for stopping by my blog, and letting me know about this blog hop! I am thrilled to share my crafts, and other DIY projects with everyone.
Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks for your invitation to link up to the Blog Hop…I have added it to my list of weekly Link Ups and will be joining you at the Blog Hop from now on!!
Thanks so much for hosting this charming party each and every week!! I so appreciate all the time and effort that does into it along with visiting all the links and choosing Features!!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!