Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop, #248!
I’m glad you’ve stopped by!
Our week has been full, as always! We’ve been working on some Homestead Cabin chores. Our sixteen-year old son and our friend have been busy sawing, routing, and nailing, as they make barn-style doors for our cabin. They’ve made the double doors for our shop downstairs, and now they’ve made one out of two smaller doors for entry into the shop. You may think we are crazy to MAKE our doors, but we just wanted to have the rustic feel, and we like things that we’ve made ourselves.
Our doors are all from wood that my husband has cut down himself, then had milled, and now built into the doors. Our whole cabin actually is made out of home-made lumber. It just makes us feel good to see the whole process from tree to boards, and to something nice for our family.
Nothing fancy, but we like it. And our son is getting some great experience with building and using some new tools. The router is a new tool this week, and he’s really enjoying playing around with it.
We really believe in the Tools Trump Toys philosophy, and try to provide an environment where our boys can learn by using the tools in real life. This is part of our Homeschool Apprenticeship program (unofficially) as well–our sons working with a skilled builder and gaining tricks of the trade through hands-on work.
For those who are interested, Ridge Haven Homestead is now on Instagram! I’m getting through the initial confusion, so watch for us over there!
Now that you’ve seen a bit of what we’re up to, let’s see what you are into this week!
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
Cherelle – The Inspired Prairie
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. When to Plant a Fall Garden from Oak Hill Homestead
2. 5 Tips for Wildcrafting with Kids from An Off Grid Life
3. 15 Old Fashioned Garden Tips From Our Grandparents from My Homemade Roots
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.