Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
It’s been a whirlwind of a week for us!
Our sixteen-year old son, who has been in Peru for the past two weeks, returned in the wee hours of the morning. All of the amazing things that he’d been waiting to share bubbled out at 2 am, so that left me feeling a bit bleary-eyed today. We are super glad for his experience on this mission trip, and look forward to hearing more details in the next few days.
I’m currently in the middle of an article describing some of the surprising emotions that I, as a mom, experienced as a result of this trip for my first-born. Look for a post on that soon, when I get the cobwebs sorted out of my tired head!
For now, here are two of my favorite shots of him from his trip!
We are happy that our family is all together again, but I know that my son will cherish the new family that he has made with his fellow team-mates, and the broader family of lovely people who he met in Peru.
Austin emphatically told me that the Peruvian people are much more friendly than Americans–something that I firmly believe. I have traveled in the South American countries, and find that their hospitality is warm, indeed, and their friendships are genuine. We as Americans, even those of us from the South, have much to learn from our South American brothers and sisters!
I hope you’ll read the recent article that I’ve republished on this blog, which talks about this very thing–hospitality. You’ll find the post here, and listed in the blog hop below.
We have lessons to learn from every situation, and we will learn if our eyes are open and our hearts are soft!
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
Cherelle – The Inspired Prairie
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. How to Make Money on Your Extra Produce from 15 Acre Homestead
2. Instant Pot Applesauce with Cinnamon from Artful Homemaking
3. Thin Carrots the No Waste Way from It’s My Sustainable Life
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.