Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!
It’s a day for riding on the Virginia Creeper Trail!
Our church is taking a group, and we are all going to ride down the Creeper Trail together.
It’s a seventeen-mile ride, along what used to be a railroad line, so the grade is very gentle and easy. Numerous bridges dot the scenic ride, which we will do on bicycles.
I found the history of the trail very interesting! You can read about it some here. 😀
The boys and I rode this trail at least five or six years ago, and I was looking for the photos, but for now I can’t find them. Back then, they shot off in the lead with their friends–this year, they plan to arrive before the group and ride UP the trail, then back down with us for a longer ride.
It looks like lovely weather for the day, and the Fall colors are really showing off! I’m pretty excited, because this time Greg is also coming along, so we can ride together! I couldn’t convince him to rent a bicycle built for two, but when I think about that, I’m pretty sure I would not like to ride seventeen miles like that. We’d both rather be free to explore a bit at our own pace. And I know I’m likely to be snapping photos, which would surely try his patience!
I’ll have some pictures to share, Lord willing, so stay tuned!
Some day I hope to ride all the way down to Abington, VA, the full 34 stretch! They say there over fifty bridges and trestles along the full route. But we will have a lot of those, plus get to ride by the beautiful creek, through farmlands, and forests!
Here are a few shots from my Sabbath afternoon walk down our road.You see my only companions again? All of the guys wanted to rest. But I love our country road.
Have a wonderful week, and thank you for coming!
The Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!
Features for this week!
I just love this week’s featured posts! Be sure to check them out!