Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Thanks for coming by to the blog hop today!
*Just a quick note! The code was messed up at first but is now up and running! Sorry for the delay, as it was a process to figure out! Feel free to add your links now! 😊
How is your week going?
I’d have to say that we’ve been having a productive and sunny week! It’s good to feel good, albeit tired from outside work at times. When you experience sickness, then recover, you appreciate the well side so much more! I very much enjoy feeling well!
Our family has been digging in and working hard on our food production, aka gardening preparation.
It’s not really time for all of the warm weather crops just yet, but we are close. Our last frost date is May 20, so that’s just around the corner! But we are still getting food in the ground.
This past week and this one we set out raspberries, I found more sunflowers to hide here and there, and Adam’s faithfully been planting his pepper garden.
I also planted Greg’s big tomato plant, and have declared war on the raccoon who’s stolen two red tomatoes from it. The evil bandit took a chomp from both tomatoes (several days apart), then turned up his nose and left them for us to find. You don’t know how maddening that is–unless you’ve planted things and looked forward to the harvest, only to have it destroyed overnight.
We’ve been clearing brush, chopping wood, trellising berries, and pulling weeds! I’ve been planting herbs, moving little plants around, and poking sunflower seeds into holes. Then we went to Mom and Dad’s and did it all over again!
I love to see things getting accomplished, a little at a time!
How about you?
Do you have garden projects going on? If so, what’s your focus this week!
PS. Here’s the Bible verse from my Instagram feed. I’ve been posting some of my favorites recently. Be sure to check out our Instagram for more regular peeks behind the scenes on our homestead.
Now on to the Hop
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. How to Make Orange Peel Pesticide from Fivespot Green living
2. Make Your Own Comfrey Salve from Artful Homemaking
3. Gardening and New Trellis System from Journey of Faith
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.