Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!
Today in church (Sabbath) we had a guest speaker.
He told some exciting stories from recent happenings around the world. One of the most amazing stories was from the Philippine jungles, where they have been having rebel warfare for many years.
In one area, there were seven hundred assassins who all converted to Sabbath-keeping Christians after hearing about the gospel message on God Pods, solar-powered devices loaded with the Bible, instructional books, and distributed to people who can’t read, or otherwise don’t have access to the Bible. This is amazing, because many lives are being saved as a result of this. Also, the villagers were challenged to reach one person each for the gospel, and they have exuberantly jumped into that project, because they see the life-changing effects in these former assassins! God is good, and He has power to change people!
You can see more details about this story by watching the short video here. It’s amazing!
Last year, we listened to an audio book about two missionaries who were kidnapped in the jungles of the Philippines. It was difficult to listen to, but we did enjoy it. This book is titled In the Presence of Mine Enemies
Another book that this story reminded me of was Saving My Assassin. We listened to this one several years back, and it still is inspiring to our family. It’s the story about a lawyer in Romania, who worked to defend Christians when no one else would. This made her and her family enemies of the state and enemies to many who hate freedom. I can’t spoil the story by telling you what happens, but you will be inspired.
Both of these books are available to listen to on Audible/audiobooks, on Kindle, and as regular paperback books.
Good books and good true stories are a wonderful part of our family life. We have not listened to as many lately as before, but we need to get back into reading/listening to great stories.
I’m currently in the market for another good true, inspiring book to read together. Let me know if you know of one. 😊
Thanks for coming by this week!
The Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!
Features for this week!