There’s something about raw honesty.We all want truth, don’t we? We want to know when a person is sincere, and we appreciate someone speaking from the heart. But as a writer, those moments where we can really open up and be vulnerable don’t come often. They can’t be forced. When the words build up, they must be released. Letting emotion out in the form of words helps us to unscramble the jumbled thoughts. Some blog articles, books, or publications are interesting but not particularly important. Other publications are important but not be very interesting. Rarely, you find one that is both. Yesterday I put out a post that is important, and, judging from the response, it was something that my readers found interesting. I believe it’s the most read blog post for a single day that I’ve written. And it’s honest. Mom Said Hospice. The title really says it all. It’s what is happening right now. Another blog post that people really responded to was full of raw honesty, and was written by Austin. It turns your stomach, but you keep reading. The Day I Lost My Finger Both of these involve painful life events. There’s something in the human heart that responds to pain. Reading about someone else’s experience can shed light on our own path. And it gives perspective. Life right now. Austin has covid again, so we are being careful and trying to support him. I’m going to go ahead and post this without features. I’ll come back later and do them. You can still link up your posts. Please do. Until next time, Laurie
Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!The Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!