Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Have you noticed that we pretty much find what we’re looking for?
For a simple example, I’ll take myself in the outside world.
In the Spring, you can look at my phone’s photo collection, and guess what you’ll find? Wildflowers as they emerge! You’ll see dozens of pictures of Pink Ladies Slippers, even though I photographed dozens last year.
Sometimes, I wonder why I find so many wildflowers, when other people don’t notice them? It’s only because I go looking.
This Fall, I’ve gone for weeks, driving by the beautiful autumn flowers as I rush to get here or there. The blooms are there, all blurred, as I speed by them, in my hurry and haste. Then it’s like one day I noticed–the flowers are here, but I’m not aware. So I slowed down, which was a deliberate choice, and I noticed.
Then…I had something to praise God about, where before, I missed it!
This week, on Sabbath. my son and I took a walk. We decided to look for mushrooms. Other beautiful things dotted our path, but when we focused on mushrooms, we found a ton! He discovered mushrooms I’d have never found, and vice versa. Just deciding to focus on one thing got our eyes tuned in to really see those mushrooms!
You get the idea.
Anyway, maybe there are other things we need to see around us.
Maybe it’s the good in others, rather than the bad.
Perhaps it’s the blessings instead of the trials. Or, more realistically, the blessings during our trials.
I don’t know what you need to focus in on, but you probably do.
I only know that the more we looked for mushrooms, the more mushrooms popped out, and the more we began to seek them out.
Go find your mushrooms!
Now on to the Hop
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Budget Beef Wellington from Homemade on a Weeknight
2. How to Make Fire Water for Colds and Flu from Artful Homemaking
3. How to Use Pallets to Build Raised Garden Beds from Redemption Permaculture
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.