Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
I’ve been thinking about friendliness!
A few weeks ago, we welcomed a little orange kitten into our home. You know how kittens often shake things up, and she has been no exception. Our other felines eyed her warily, then with downright rudeness when they discovered that Tiger had come to stay (We have not settled on a name for her yet, so she gets a new name every day until we decide on one that fits her).
All except for Hairball
Our big, fluffy male cat, Hairball, who we thought might be the biggest threat to our new addition, has become her hero! Tiger set out to make Hairball her friend, and he has turned into Uncle Hairball to her!
From the very start, Tiger has followed big Hairball around like a little red caboose, swatting at his fluffy tail, leaping onto his back, and mimicking him. When Hairball eats, Tiger eats. When Hairball naps, Tiger snuggles up.
Hairball has not known quite how to react, since he’s gone through most of his life with the title of Bully in the minds of our two other female felines. He hasn’t been the most popular cat around town.
But now, Hairball is responding to sweet Tiger. He lets her play with his tail without getting upset. He plays with her in his awkward way, but day by day, he appears to enjoy playing more, and he’s getting better at it!
Now, it seems that Tiger has set her sights onto conquering the two grumpy females! If anyone can, Tiger can!
Be like Tiger
Consider this lesson as you go about your day, and as you interact with other people face to face, as well as fellow bloggers!
Being friendly can transform someone else’s day in a powerful way! As you seek to lift up someone else, you will elevate yourself in the process!
Be a Tiger in your own little corner of the world!
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
Cherelle – The Inspired Prairie
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. 18 Ways to Enjoy Summer Squash from Oak Hill Homestead
2. Best Kombucha Flavorings from A Home Made from Scratch
3. Mango Corn Salsa from Morsels of Life
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.