Anyone who’s been reading my blog knows some of the trouble we’ve had with our wood planter, a necessary machine either all the tongue and groove/shiplap we are doing in our cabin. It’s been one thing after another, but recently it dawned on us that we just needed to replace it. Hard decision, but it had to be done.
We got our new one yesterday, and we didn’t go second-hand this time. Learned that lesson painfully.
In the meantime, Adam has wrapped up the pantry project, and I’ve begun sealing the walls and shelving. I debated about leaving the wood unfinished for the time being, but when the floor looked so good after getting sealed, I thought I’d do everything. This way, the wood is protected in case of spills, and will be easier to wipe down.
I love the pantry so far. It’s not huge, but should hold quite a few jars and kitchen tools. I look forward to filling all those shelves!
I may do a post on the pantry when it’s all finished, but for now, here’s a sneak peek.
Asam has worked hard on this, and I’m pretty proud of how strong the shelves are. It’s the first room we’ve got close to being finished. I can’t begin to explain why it’s taken us to long, but it’s just been a journey. I’m grateful for the progress.
Tomorrow I’ll be doing more varnishing. Stinky and sticky but I don’t mind. All in the name of progress!
Thank you for coming by, and I trust that you will enjoy linking up on the blog hop.
Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
Natasha – Houseful of Nicholes (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Laurie – Ridge Haven Homestead (Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram)
Liz – The Cape Coop (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Kelly – Simple Life Mom (Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram)
FEATURED POSTS from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. How to Make Honey Simple Syrup and Why from Scratch Made Food for Hungry People
2. Food Storage Part 1: Getting Back to Basics 101 from Two Chicks and a Mom
3. Baked Beef Tacos from Homemade on a Weeknight
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…‘
Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow all your hosts on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.
Thank you so much for including my taco recipe this time. Have a great week
Thanks so much for hosting this wonderful party each and every week!! I really appreciate the time and effort that goes into it along with visiting all the links and choosing Features!!! Thank You!! I hope you are having a great week!!