☀️Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!☀️
Can we have too much sunshine? ☀️
Apparently, the answer is yes!
I’ve listened to some health talks recently about the need for us all to get more vitamin D, so more time in the sun! The one talk was fascinating and told of the history of treating TB patients with sunlight, children in open air schools, and how to take sun baths more frequently. There is definitely healing power in the sun.
But…everything in moderation, right?
Me being a redhead, prone to migraines, fair skin and all that…I have to take more precautions than the average non-ginger friend. But I didn’t. So I ended up, not with a sunburn—I was careful to not overdo it in that way—but miserable anyway!
Apparently, us migraineurs (fancy name for those who get migraines) can easily get off kilter with our electrolytes. That happened. I felt all dried out, and the headache aura beginning. Thankfully, the first day, I caught it right away, drank some electrolyte solution, and headed it off at the pass, so to speak.
Well, I had to go press my luck! I tried to get some more vitamin D Thursday while home alone. I didn’t spend more than an hour, but didn’t recognize the signs of an approaching migraine. I just thought I was tired! We had to do some running around, so rather than take the e time for a proper lunch, I grabbed a couple pancakes with jam and some fruit. Not a good migraine food—I pretty much have to have a protein at every meal to balance out the blood sugars.
Through the afternoon, I got steadily more tired, fuzzy-headed, and light sensitive. At any point I could have warded off the migraine if I’d have recognized it, but I didn’t, and by the time we got home it was full blown. There days later, it’s still my traveling companion.
My lesson: get the sun, but wear the hat and shades. And pay attention! ☀️
Here’s a great talk we listened to yesterday about pessimism vs optimism. Is Pessism Killing You?
Today we have a family planting day scheduled! AKA good old fashioned work!
Be sure to keep track of us in Instagram. I usually post more pictures there because they don’t take so long to upload.
Have a wonderful day!
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!
If you were featured, I’ll be sharing your posts, and you’re welcome to paste this image into your blog post or sidebar.
Features for this week!
My features this week: two focus on peonies, and one on relationships! I happened to see some gorgeous peonies this week, and loved them!
Thank you to everyone who came to participate. ♥️
Have a great week, and feel free to share the hop with others!