Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
What’s going on at your homestead this week?
At Ridge Haven Homestead we are pushing up our sleeves, digging in, and attacking the junk that’s piled up in our storage/garage/shop area.
All of our household belongings, plus the outside garden supplies, tools, and then our pantry food–all of this we have cleverly crammed into our 28X32′ “workshop” area. And there is has piled up for two and a half years. 🤢 You can see the tendency towards a depressive spirit when we all walk by that mess every day.
We have decided to conquer the junk, even though it’s useful junk.
Organization is our goal.
🐌 🐌 🐌
But it’s very slow.
So, now, rather than engage in fun activities, when we have spare moments, we head to the shop to sort, toss, and pile up items for the give-away bin.
Spent it sorting, making shelves, and cleaning.
🥰 💕 How romantic! 💕 😘
And we did sneak in a little dinner getaway! ♥️
Sundays and spare time?
You guessed it!
We will conquer that junk yet!
You’ll notice that I’m not posting before and after shots. Too embarrassed 🙈!
But we are already gaining much more peace of mind as we sort out treasures and furniture–some has lasted through the storage phase, and sadly, much has not. But in the end, we anticipate feeling much more free, as we have control over our stuff.
Cleaning, sorting, and pitching?
I highly recommend it! 💪🏼
You might even get so inspired that you do a happy dance!
And happy hopping!
Now on to the Hop
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. How to Choose Seeds from A Home Made From Scratch
2. Super Green Pumpkin Pesto from Claire Justine
3. Planting Onions 3 Ways from It’s My Sustainable Life
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.