On somewhat of a whim, I picked up a book for writers. I’m a writer, in my small capacity on this blog.
I’m often stumped as to what to focus on. I know this is not abnormal.
I just wanted to have some better vision for my writing, for my blog. I don’t want someone to dictate anything concerning content, but I often need the reminder of why I write.
This devotional is very simple. Just one chapter for each week. As a mom, nurse, wife, daughter, homesteader, trouble-shooter, and everything else, I don’t even have a lot of extra time to think about writing. But when I do, I’d like it to have more of a purpose.
This book just gives some short, gentle reminders of where our focus should be. It’s written for Christians and assumes you desire to take the Bible as your guide. I do.
The format is simple.
- A Bible verse
- A challenge
- A call to action.
- Space for personal thoughts.
Most writers aren’t going to have tons of extra time to study. But we all need direction and guidance. Because these chapters are so short, I don’t feel like they will bog me down. I think of these devotions as something that can set the tone for the week, but not take over.
You can add this to your regular study routine with no problem.
I’m looking forward to this for myself.
Ironically, the first devotion, from today, was on rest. Resting in God. Quite appropriate for this Sabbath day. I read it while relaxing in nature.
You may enjoy this book if you’re a writer too. 😊
Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!
The Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!
Features for this week!