Simple PleasuresThis week, despite it being the end of October, found me relishing the pleasure of hanging a couple of loads of laundry out. It’s a simple thing, but just gave me some pause to look around and enjoy the day.
Falling leaves–so loud I could hear the rustling of them gently drifting down–gave me peace. I made a video but have a hard time uploading those to this site–you can see it on my Instagram reels. 😊
A funny pleasure was actually washing two loads in my own washer this week. I ran them on the solar, and since we only have cold water in the house so far, I heated up my water bath canner and heated that on the wood stove to get warmer wash water. We found another glitch in the plumbing that will need a minor adjustment, but that’s what we get for learning as we go! For me–washing at home, even in my tiny old washer was a simple pleasure.
I’ve been over with Dad more this week. He’s had a lot of trouble with sickness, and it’s just hard work at times to help him. First one infection left him bed bound, then he ended up with double pneumonia. He’s getting good care now, and they’ve brought him some items that will make his life a little easier.
I do include being there to help out a simple pleasure of life. He’s been a bit out of his element with the fever and sickness, but yesterday he was starting to seem more like himself. He got that twinkle back in his eyes, and Mom took him out to see the Christmas lights Adam hung, which impressed and amused him.
I can safely say that I believe my parents are the first in Greeneville to have some outside lights out this year! And they are very pretty.
There are many things in life–ordinary and out of the normal, that bring pleasure.
What are some of your simple pleasures?
Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
FEATURED POSTS from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. Improving Clay Soil Using Compost from Simple Living Country Gal
2. Halloween Breakable Chocolate Mummies from It’s My Sustainable Life
3. Easy Carrot and Squash Dog Treat Recipe from Lazy Budget Chef
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…‘
Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin!You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow all your hosts on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.