☀️Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!☀️
Happy Mother’s Day!
I believe that every mother would testify that becoming Mom changed her life forever. The older I get, and the older my own boys become, the more I realize how important being a Mom really is.
We have a sacred calling, and the responsibility increases as they grow, even though we are not doing as much physical work for them as before. The mental and spiritual burden does not let up, and they need us desperately to plead for them to the Father. When they are trying to figure out life, they need an Anchor, and a strong one
I’m thankful for my own mother. She has been a listening ear and a giver in so many ways throughout my life. Her motherhood journey has been painful. We lost two of my three brothers, and that hole will never be filled.
I take courage with the reminder that Jesus knows. He knows what each of us have been through, things that make our mothering journey hard, and He knows our failures and insecurities.
Praise God He not only knows, but also cares—infinitely more than we even do, and that’s crazy if you know how much a mother will sacrifice for her children!
If you are a mother, thank you for your long hours, your tears, and especially for your prayers! Don’t stop! Keep on! Let us strive to be faithful to the end, and receive a glorious crown! I will be honored to have three stars on mine—one for each of my three precious young men. ✨
💕 We are sometimes put to our wit’s end to know what to do; but we can take the children to God in our prayers, pleading that they may be kept from evil, praying, “Now, Lord, do thy work; soften and subdue the hearts of our children,” and he will hear us. He hearkens to the prayers of the weeping, careworn mothers.
When Christ was on earth, the burdened mothers brought their children to him; they thought that if he would lay his hands upon them, they would have better courage to bring them up as they ought to go. The Saviour knew why these mothers came to him with their little ones, and he rebuked the disciples, who would have kept them away, saying, “Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not; for of such is the kingdom of God.” [Mark 10:14.] Jesus loves the little ones, and he is watching to see how parents are doing their work.
Counsels of Education, 175
Iniquity abounds on every hand, and if the children are saved, earnest, persevering effort must be put forth. Christ has said, “I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified.” [John 17:19.] He wanted his disciples to be sanctified, and he made himself their example, that they might follow him. What if fathers and mothers should take this same position, saying, “I want my children to have steadfast principles, and I will give them an example of this in my life”? Let the mother think no sacrifice too great, if made for the salvation of her household. Remember, Jesus gave his life for the purpose of rescuing you and yours from ruin. You will have his sympathy and help in this blessed work, and will be a laborer together with God.
In whatever else we may fail, let us be thorough in the work for our children.
Have a wonderful day!
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!
If you were featured, I’ll be sharing your posts, and you’re welcome to paste this image into your blog post or sidebar.
Features for this week!
Thank you to everyone who came to participate. ♥️
Have a great week, and feel free to share the hop with others!
Last week’s hop!
🌤Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop #18🌤