💘 Love is in the Air 💘
We’ve entered the week for love, according to the calendar and the retail stores. 💕
I used to love Valentine’s Day. I enjoyed creating my own homemade cards for all of my classmates and family members.
Construction paper, glue, lace and glitter make for some fun memories and creations.
But sometime along the way, in about third grade, my mom gave me this awesome set of plates and a machine for making cards. Of all of the toys from my childhood, this is the one I kept.
I used this thing for every holiday, made valentine’s cards for my friends, and took the time to color in every design.
There were like 16 plastic plates that you could interchange for different messages/images. You rubbed a crayon over the paper and the design appeared. I truly loved this machine.
Nowadays, you just select and hit print, or buy prepackaged Valentine’s cards and pass them out. Or you use a cricut machine or pre-cut foam pieces. Somehow, I still prefer the slow craft creations, where you make it yourself.
If I can find mine, I’m going to pull it out and make cards for my guys on it this year. They may not “get it”, but I do think that when you create a little something that requires some time, it conveys a meaning.
We don’t often even do anything for Valentine’s Day. I don’t like the pressure of “one more holiday” to rush out and buy something for. So I’m thinking that gifts that involve time and creativity will be nice.
What do you like to do?
Welcome to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!
The Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop
This is a place to share some love and spread some sunshine!
The focus of this blog hop will be: anything related to making our homes more sunny and happy! If that’s through homemade cooking, a health tip that will help another, homesteading tips, homeschool successes or real-life struggles, or just whatever God is impressing you with in your home journey, please share it!
Guidelines for the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 🌤
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on my Pinterest/Social Media.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving me permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up! You are welcome to share home and family-oriented blog posts, focusing on homeschooling, homesteading and homemaking. Christian-friendly content, highlighting healthy life choices to encourage others!
Features for this week!
Since this week is Valentine’s Day, I thought it would be fun to feature three simple ideas that you can make for someone special. I like that each of these use inexpensive items, and you can add your own touches to make these decorations personal. 😊
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
Thank you so much for featuring my Faux Tile Heart. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Thanks to you!
I love that card making kit! I can see why you saved it all these years. I love paper crafting myself. Thanks so much for hosting and featuring my valentine’s tray. Happy Super Bowl Sunday and Valentine’s Day. XO- MaryJo
Thanks so much for hosting this delightful party each and every week!! I really appreciate the time and effort that goes into it along with visiting all the links and choosing Features!!! Thank You!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
Happy Valentine’s Day to you dear Laurie! Thanks so much for featuring my Vintage Valentine Card (it’s one of my favorites!)